This episode had a whole lot of Nati, which we LOVE. Here are some Nati thoughts.
- Nati, did you really answer the phone just then? Of course you did. +10
- We like that you tell all your secrets to Geveret Schwartzman, who is making a repeat (and unfortunately final) appearance.
old ladies, even though this is the SECOND time there has been a old lady who died the same episode. It tugs at our heartstrings. +25
- And of course you had to look at the name tag of the janitor. Oh Chaim. +5
- Amir has to to ask why Nati is at shul. +10.
- Nati tries to learn for like 15 minutes and gives up to ask Amir. Remember when he and Amir tried to have a chevrusa? That went well. Just give up on the whole Torah thing, your strengths are elsewhere. +10.
- At no point did you fess up to Reut and Azarya that you gave up on her and Azarya ever since Tehilla rebuffed you for the like fifth time. +20
- “Please stop coming here once a day.” Nati stalking for the win!! +10. Especially because Tehila still kinda likes you–why is she holding out? Resistance is futile.
- Gornist mit Gornisht! +15 for the Yiddish this episode.
- Also, we like that Nati showed Real Emotion when Geveret Schwartzman passed away, even though it may have been partially his fault. We like his breakdowns-even if its just if we pretend that Shayna’s Nati esque is feeling those some feelings and totally getting what he deserves. I mean, we like it for no reason at all. At least you got a locker for your broken heart.
Oh man, the twins and Amir is the best beit din we have have ever seen. ever. +30, and plus another 10 because Nati had to pay them to do it.
It is a universal truth that all bar or bat mitzvah tutoring is awfully painful to listen to. We had some flashbacks just there. Wow.. +5.
Fayge and Chani!!! We love you, super power super hot charedi ladies. Tichels and yoga pants, HOT. Also, you are so super successful and we cant wait till you poach Yifat from Nitzan. Yifat is so excited, it’s like when the cool girls ask you to join your lunch table. Hope to see more of you!! +100
Reut is reading Azarya’s poetry. Awww. +10.
Reut, listen to your boss. She knows what is up. Even though, as we say, that was way harsh tai. Don’t be a friarit.+50
Is having money in Rehovot like having money in the banana stand? No points, just an observation.
Yifat clearly thinks Hodaya is a huge slut who doesn’t deserve her millionaire archeologist fiance. +20 Clearly these are the rewards of dropping religion. Stop tempting us, Laizy.
Despite the judginess, Yifat is a good friend and knows if she doesn’t make Hodaya take that test, she never will. She uses a failproof defense–never say no to a pregnant woman who has to pee. Especially an Israeli one. +25
Azarya is a good poet. His dedication made us feel mushy, because we overly relate to Reut. +10.
Avri, break us off a piece of those toastim. Ahem. +20
Faker than Nati’s actual interest in matchmaking
Ughhhhhh, potential pregnancy plotlines are the worst. We spend the whole time with someone agonizing over whether they are pregnant or not when they could just take the stupid test. Of course Hodaya isn’t pregnant, but we needed to spend 45 minutes exploring how she would feel if she was. -30 But we kind of wish Hodaya was pregnant so Yifat could accuse her of upstaging her own pregnancy.
Although we do assume that every tichel wearing pharmacist is a judgy pants, it appears that Hodaya is a big bag of crazy and still has guilt about her secular ways. -10 for her weird freakout, but plus another 5 for the look of terror on that tichel lady’s face when she realized Hodaya could be teaching her children
Also Hodaya runs? Girl looks like she can barely get out of bed most days. Yifat should have seen through that lie right away. Although that ridiculous route that has her going around half the city is excellent- maybe we should use it next time we go for a run.
So Avri is a millionaire archaeologist? What? While it is great that he can reap the rewards of his family’s early settlement of the land something about this story doesn’t quote ring true. Who keeps their millions a secret from their finance? Why dies he still drive that car? Why doesn’t he endow an archaeological dig? Maybe he has the money because his family is head of the tzfat mafia– they keep pulling him back in! But of course, He is now even MORE PERFECT AND HE IS RICH AND AMAZING. Of course. But we hope his last minute house hunting regrets doesnt foreshadow anything bad…..
Hodaya! Buy the house! Run to Cyprus to get married! You need to lock this down now before Avri realizes what a hot mess you are. -30
Also Yifat goes to the gym? We have never seen any of this before. But it is worth it to see the Haredi hotness. -20
Ok, Tehila is psychotic. She is the craziest of all of them. She made a Neder? Look it is always awkward to say you don’t want to go out with someone but it takes a lot to bring talmudic oaths into it. Maybe the guy from B’Tipul has an open session. -100
Reut is too smart to fall for Azarya’s tricks. It is so hard for us to see her being taken advantage of. But wash because she has a bad track record in the romantics department.
Amir, you are only getting 1.5 times your rate for twins? Friar. -30.
Amir thinks Jerusalem is the best place on earth. Even Dati Israelis don’t think that anymore. Jerusalem is reserved for rich Americans with second apartments. -1,0000
You’d think that after all those years of playa-hating, Nati would be better at straight up lying. Are you losing your game? -10.
Azarya, that’s an ugly sweater you wore on the date. And of course she thought you were coming! You INVITED HER! -25.
So this revelation about Avri blew our minds and we see some green eyed monsters in the form of Yifat/Amir in the future. And we are excited for more chic Haredis. Leave your comments!
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Evacuation Day!